- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We reserve the right to edit or remove comments left on this website at our sole discretion. When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection. Commentator email addresses are required with the submission of comments but are not disclosed, as long as the commentator does not enter his/her e-mail address directly into the main comment area in addition to the box supplied for an e-mail address.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
As with most other websites, we collect and use the data contained in log files. The information in the log files include your IP (internet protocol) address, your ISP, the browser you used to visit our site (such as Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer), the time you visited our site and which pages you visited throughout our site.
Your email address, name and any other information you provide, such as address and phone number you provide to www.michaelinnis.net, are held in strict confidence. We only keep your information so that www.michaelinnis.net, whose email list you subscribed to, can email you.
We do not contact you. We do not sell or share your information with anyone else.
We collect information under the direction of www.michaelinnis.net and have no direct relationship with you, whose personal data we process. We work with our www.michaelinnis.net to help them provide notice to their subscribers concerning the purpose for which personal information is collected.
If you are a subscriber to www.michaelinnis.net and would no longer like to be contacted by them, please contact them at [email protected]
We have no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data we process. We acknowledge that you have the right to access your personal information. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data, should direct his or her query to www.michaelinnis.net (the data controller). If www.michaelinnis.net requests that we remove the data, we will respond to their request within 30 business days.
We may transfer personal information to companies that help us provide our service. Transfers to subsequent third parties are covered by the provisions in our Policy regarding notice and choice and the service agreements with www.michaelinnis.net.
We will retain personal data we process on behalf of www.michaelinnis.net for as long as needed in order to provide services to them. We will retain and use this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
This site contains links to other external websites not owned by the owner of this website. We cannot control how your personal information is used on these other websites, so please be sure to see how they use your information by consulting their privacy policies respectively.